English Grammar Simple Present Tense Worksheet 1




Enjoy learning English through Tamil, explained with easy examples.
This lesson teaches about simple present tense, identification, usage and conditions under which it is used



Fill in the right verb from the brackets : 

1. He _______ English very well ( speak, speaks )

2. Mary _______ to the church every Sunday ( go, goes ) 

3. My Dad _______ a handsome salary ( earn, earns )

4. It often _______ on Fridays ( rain, rains )

5. Mithun and Sonia _______ to play carrom ( like, likes )

6. He _______ with his uncle ( live, lives )

7. I _______ for a walk every morning ( go, goes )

8. Rekha _______ to be a beautician ( want, wants ) 

9. Cows _______ grass ( eat, eats )

10.Nimmi _______ delicious cakes ( make, makes ) 

11.My aunt _______ her pet parrot ( love, loves )

12.I _______ at a bank ( Work, works )

13.Plants _______ sunlight and water to make food ( need, needs ) 

14.I often _______ to the bus stop ( hurry, hurries ) 

15.Prema and Latha _______ to dance ( love, loves )

16.We sometimes _______ books ( read, reads ) 

17.You _______ the guitar very well ( play, plays )

18.My sister never _______ me ( visit, visits )

19.I ususally _______ my neighbours ( help, helps )

20. They _______ home by seven ( go, goes )

Scroll down for the answers :
~
~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

Answers :


1. speaks
2. goes
3. earns 
4. rains
5. likes
6. lives
7. go
8. wants 
9. eat
10. makes
11. loves
12. work
13. need
14. hurry
15. love
16. read
17. play
18. visits
19. help
20. go
For the video of this lesson, Please click below :



Previous
Next Post »